Translation process starts as soon as the files to be translated are received from the client. Project Manager prepares the files by converting them into translatable format and forwards them to the most appropriate translator. In some cases, DTP specialist works on the files before they are sent to the translator, since some files may not be in editable format. After the translation is completed, the files go to the appropriate language specialist and is checked for terminology conformity and grammar errors. Language specialist also performs proofreading before sending the files back to the PM. When the PM receives the files, he/she may see it necessary to forward them to an editor to ensure integrity and fluency of the translated text. Consequent to this step, the files are delivered to the client. After reviewing the files, the client may ask for some revisions and/or corrections. In this case, the PM makes the necessary corrections and then delivers them again to the client.
The files to be translated may be in various forms such as HTML, XML, help files, software files, Word, Pdf, Excel or FrameMaker.
The translation process may require different methods to be used depending on the content and type of the files. Below steps are common in all translation projects:
• PM creates a terminology list or updates an existing one that was provided by the client and sends it to the approval of the client
• Translator translates in conformity with the terminology list and localization requirements
• Language Specialist performs proofreading
• Language Specialist checks language quality
• Language Specialist performs checks against terminology conformity
• Language Specialist performs technical quality checks
• Editor checks and amends the translation in order to provide for the integrity and the fluency of the text
• DTP Specialist works on the file to eliminate formatting issues and makes the file ready-to-print
Our translators, language specialists and editors are professionals with at least 5 years of experience in their sectors.
Delivering high quality and timely translations is our company’s top priority.
Our fares are calculated based on the word count of the source text and are specific to each project. Fares based on units such as characters, lines or pages are not a very healthy method on the contrary to word-based pricing. Moreover, sharing text analysis information with the clients also provides a fairer pricing.
Our company possesses SDL Trados Studio 2021 product license and is experienced in working with translation tools such as Trados, MemoQ and Passolo.